Valentine and Vance

Jason over at Faith and Fear showed his off and I feel inclined to do the same. The pair arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier (well, once my "seat feet" arrive and I can move them in front of my television for games - I assume I'll be at the peak of happiness). As they are seat numbers 2 and 3, I felt it appropriate to name them accordingly - Valentine and Vance.

Naming one after Bobby V is a no brainer, but why not go for a more memorable Met to wear #3 like Buddy Harrelson? Unfortunately I was merely a twinkle in my father's eye when Buddy played. I did however spend my teen years watching the Bobby Valentine era team.

Vance Wilson was one of the most likable characters from those days. The man behind the man (Piazza) was a perennial backup throughout his career that caught and played 1st base - something a fellow backup 1st baseman and catcher growing up can identify with. Vance, this one's for you.

8 days till pitchers and catchers report...