Priced Out of the Citi: WBC Edition

Starting tomorrow, Priced Out of the Citi will be presenting you with a World Baseball Classic weekend special. I'll be heading north to Toronto for team USA's first game of the tournament to watch our Mets David Wright and JJ Putz help beat the Canadians.

I know there is tons and tons of skepticism about the WBC, and I'll be the first to admit that I share in it at times. A tournament like this creates opportunity for injury when not participating in team activity and it makes an already grueling season longer. Major League players should play for their organization as if it is their country, as Jerry Manuel wants the Mets too. However there are lots of people that do believe in it, and the players that participate love it. I figure the only way to really decide on it is to experience it first hand.

I'm going to try and bring that to you. I'll be live blogging from the stadium starting at noon on Saturday and providing images from before and after the game. Please bear with me as I'll be doing it from my blackberry, and it'll be my first time doing so. I'll provide a recap on the days events with a high res gallery come Sunday. Hopefully we can all learn a little more about this tournament. I know I'm already pretty excited to.