Removal from SNY

I was lucky enough to attend last night's 4 - 0 victory over the Colorado Rockies. Dear God was it fantastic to catch a live ballgame. The crowd was electric during a Tuesday night match-up against the Colorado Rockies of all teams. It was really wonderful to be a part of and something I have been missing.

If you're still reading this blog (and according to the Google Analytics, times are tough) you've noticed the dearth of posts the past couple of months. To answer questions I've been asked, no it has nothing to do with the recent tailspin the Metropolitans have been involved in. I recently was "priced back into the city," by which of course I mean the isle of Manhattan. Unfortunately for me it is physically impossible to get cable due to faulty wiring at my abode. As a subletter it is also something out of my control.

Why don't I just listen to Howie and Wayne? Well even that is bunk as there is no radio access either. WFAN.com refuses to broadcast the games from their site, at least from every access point I've tried. Radio broadcasts are slightly scrambled for some odd reason here and it is difficult to pick up games. MLB.tv is also moot as I am a New York resident and games are blacked out. All secondary P2P streaming sites have been shut down, and as a Mac user, tvants isn't a possibility.

I have no access to the trio that has been such an integral part of my life since 2006. It has been as if actual friends of mine have gone on a vacation that may never end. Because of this, it has been difficult to write about the state of the team. Forming an opinion based off of beat writer reporting, tweets, and blogger bias just seems unfair to write about to those that still care to read.

So there will be a bit of a reformat here at least for the time being. Despite COO Jeff Wilpon's efforts to apologize for his gaffe this evening, I cannot possibly see our GM Omar Minaya surviving the season. As a matter of fact I even expect a step down by seasons end. Starting Thursday I will be posting a top 10 GM replacement list. It will be heavily researched and I hope informative to all. I'd appreciate you joining me if you are interested in what could possibly be the future of this team. Thanks for stopping by readers.

Best,
Brendan Bilko
pricedoutoftheciti.com