Feet

Just another up and down April from your Metropolitans. I mean what happened? Livan Hernandez was pitching great and then they pulled him before he'd have to face Cantu again. Cantu works a solid at bat against Parnell, and then Hermida is up. Are we not playing matchups anymore? Where is Feliciano or Takahashi in that situation? Fish only down by one after that at bat.

Similar situation in the 7th with 2 outs - Green gets into trouble and is then up against Baker, another lefty. Where are the LOOGY's? Baker walks. Cantu's follow up bomb becomes a 3 run shot instead of possibly being out of the inning. How would Feliciano have fared against Baker? Well he got him to ground out on one pitch in the 9th, so I have to assume fairly well and without exerting much effort. I don't get on Jerry's case too often, but this game can absolutely be put on mismanagement of the bullpen match ups (though the offense could have done more than popped up or hit a soft fly out after the 5th).

Oh about that image - that is what I got the pleasure of sitting next to last night at the game. I have sat next to maniacs, drunks, family, friends, racists, people of the cloth, and John F. Kennedy Junior at Shea before. I've been screamed at, had beer spilled on me, been high-fived, hugged, and chest bumped. I have never however sat through a game downwind from a pair of stinky ass feet. He clapped with those feet. The feet grazed my back on more than one occasion. It was just gross. Citi Field employees are yelling at kids to take down a makeshift K corner, yet I gotta smell this guys dogs? I'm too nice to say anything either so I just moved in the 6th. I have 13 more games sitting near this fella, so here's to hoping that whoever sits in seats 3 & 4 of my row shows up for the Phillies game next week.