Hey Baseball, Did You See That?

Hey Baseball, good to see you again! So that's what an easy save is supposed look like huh? Kinda pretty don't you think? That whole bullpen in sync. What's that you say? It's always going to go that smooth? I mean I know we spent a bunch of money and made some trades for that beautiful display of holds and saves, but it won't always be like that. This is the Mets you're talking about. I'll take you're word for it if that's what you're telling me though.

Hey how about my boy Johan! Did you see him? First off - I think he has more handshakes than a Jose Reyes convention. That was too fun to watch pre-game. More importantly, he pitched without his best stuff yesterday...and still struck out 7! I know he walked 4, but do you care? I'm okay with yesterday's walks. I mean it's still early and he made it work for him. You like a pitcher like that don't you? Of course you do! It's guys like him that make you so great.

Oh oh! How about our boy Daniel Murphy? The Business Man hits a home run on his first major league opening day that put the Mets on the board first! He also managed to drive in the only other RBI while the rest of the team stranded 12 runners.

Yeah I know that's a problem. The situational hitting was off yesterday, you don't need to tell me twice. Don't worry Manuel will make sure it's fixed. He's gonna have them all hitting 80 in the cage today. You'll be there to see it. I mean, you're back after all.

Hey hey, think Ryan Church has motivation? He went 2-4 and what you have nothing to say about him? Did you see him flash that leather in the field? How about turn that double play after the catch? Of course you saw it! Don't sleep on him. No sir. He's special when he's on that field. We're going to need that in right field too come the home stands.

Well thanks for coming back. I think I speak for all of us when I say I missed you. Too bad you're pulling a Keith and taking an off day already.

Photo by John Sommers II - Reuters