TKO

It can't be stopped. All I see in my head is this scene (which is appropriate enough given Rocky's geographical locale). This fan is ready folks. I've seen enough.

It's time we all stop giving it "until the All-Star break." It's time we all stop waiting for the cavalry to arrive. The backup, which is essentially the front line, doesn't appear to be on it's way in any time soon. The few soldiers left fighting may even be on their way to triage (note - I have been informed by a trusted source the linked information is untrue. Not that I said it was, but just to avoid any confusion). There is no point in mortgaging the future either. Let's just call it quits for 2009. Let's plan for the future.

I'll never stop rooting for this team. I'll never stop watching. I will however, quit with the hope of any "meaningful baseball in October" - at least for this season as it stands now. If it happens, great. I want nothing more than a championship in Queens again. My mindset has officially shifted though. From now on the thought process is catalyzed by those things that happen or occur with a team that doesn't have a chance. I'm fine with it. I've done it for the majority of my life as a fan of the New York Metropolitans. Take the positives out of what we've got...which isn't much.

2010, the team, the time.